There are a phenomenal number of unique venues across the UK that offer the perfect environment for hosting trade shows or exhibitions. The sad news however, is that many of them are often overlooked in favour of the more established and much larger venue such as London's Excel and Olympia and Birmingham's NEC. So in the latest instalment of our blog series we’re looking at some alternatives to those exhibition space behemoths..
If you are in the process of organising a trade show and would like to discuss how Clements and Street can help you, please call us on 0044 (0) 1527 510154
The Barbican, London
In 2006, the Barbican underwent a significant refurbishment, overseen by architects Allford Hall Monaghan Morris (AHMM). They improved circulation around the space, introduced bold signage in a style in keeping with the Centre’s original 1970s Brutalist architecture. They also added an internal bridge linking the Silk Street foyer area with the lakeside foyer area. The Centre’s main entrance at Silk Street was modified to give better pedestrian access.
Used by some of the UK’s leading technology events such as Smart Buildings Show and only a short walk from both the Barbican Underground Station and the cities financial district, it provides an easily accessible venue with a long-standing history of quality.
- Location: London, UK
- Nearest train stations: Liverpool Street and Barbican Underground
- Facilities: WIFI, toilets, a host of rooms, bar, kitchen, garden, Conservatory and cinemas
- Square meterage/ space – dependent on room selection
NAEC stoneleigh, Warwickshire
Light years away from the many conferencing or function venues out there, Stoneleigh Park offers you a beautiful countryside venue in the heart of England with free car parking for over 30,000 cars and superb road, rail and air access. With 21,000 square metres of purpose built indoor space, the NAEC Stoneleigh has forged a reputation as one of the leading exhibition venues.
Located in the heart of England, just off the M40 and within 30 minutes drive of Birmingham, Coventry, Warwick, Leamington Spa and Stratford-upon-Avon Stoneleigh Park is one of the most convenient and flexible indoor and outdoor venues in the UK.
- Location: Kenilworth, Warwickshire
- Nearest City: Coventry
- Nearest train stations: Royal Leamington Spa, Warwick and Warwick Parkway
- Facilities: High speed broadband, Wifi, parking, on-site hotel, restaurant, catering service, gym and a number of spaces for events
- Square meterage/ space – 4,500 sqm in hall 2 is the largest single unobstructed space
Old Billingsgate Market, London
As a refurbished fish market, London’s Old Billingsgate provides one of the most unique conference and exhibition spaces in the city. Comprised of three spaces, The Grand Hall, Gallery and Vaults, the venue is adopted during November by niche tech events such as DatacenterDynamics.
Don’t be fooled by it’s history though, this refurbished and stunning venue presents a stunning view of the Thames, The Shard, Tower Bridge and HMS Belfast – especially at night. And since it’s located only five-minute walk from London Bridge Underground and mainline stations, you can entertain customers after a show with ease.
- Location: London, UK
- Nearest train station: London Bridge
- Facilities: Catering, IT and Telecomms, WIFI, toilets, three conference spaces, kitchen, disabled access and lifts
- Square meterage/ space – 40,000 square foot
The Business Design Centre, London
Towards the Northern part of the capital, the Business Design Centre is a light, bright and fantastic venue, playing host to both fashion events, such as The London textile Fair and technology shows like Kiosk Summit.
Founded in 1986 and still a highly experienced and family owned company, The BDC provides a dynamic, stylish and collaborative environment for any large exhibition within the city of London.
- Location: London, UK
- Nearest train stations: Angel and Kings Cross St Pancras
- Facilities: Visitor reception and concierge services, 24 hour security, on-site car parking, free conference and meeting rooms, on-site restaurant & catering, 4 Star Hilton Hotel & Premier Inn, disability access, CCTV, on-site management and facilities teams, goods and passenger lifts, telecoms system, kitchenette facilities, loading bay, basement storage, WIFI and high bandwith internet access.
- Square meterage/ space – 6000m²,
Farnborough Exhibition & Conference Centre, Farnborough Airfield
The Farnborough International Exhibition & Conference Centre presents one of the largest venues in the South East. This modern and stylish campus has 12 different event spaces, including Hall 1, a purpose built 12,500sqm exhibition hall with nine flexible function rooms to accommodate up to 900 for conferences or 600 for banqueting.
It also plays host to the annual Farnborough Airshow, which over six days delivers a trade show and an unforgettable weekend of fun at their Public event, with more than 80, 000 visitors!
Whatever the size of your show, we have no doubt that there’s something fantastic to be found at this conference centre!
- Location: Farnborough, UK
- Nearest City: Guildford
- Nearest train stations: Farnborough and Farnborough North
- Facilities: Disabled parking, 2 spacious entrance foyers, 10 dedicated function rooms, pillar free event space, catering options high speed WIFI, onsite parking for up to 3,500 cars, Drive in access, Runway views of Farnborough Airport
- Square meterage/ space – Hall 1: 20,000 sqm / 12,500 sqm exhibition hall
If you are an organiser who is planning to launch or move an event at any venue, Clements and Street can assist in the design and project management of your feature areas. Get in contact today.
Speak to one of our experienced Project Managers today for a free design and cost consultation on your stand by calling us on 00 44 (0) 1527 510 154.